Signs to revamp your ecommerce store?
Ecommerce sales show steady growth, currently representing 11% of retail total revenues and according to US Census’s last available report accounting for the third quarter for 2021, grew 16.9% in comparison with the same period of 2020.
This constant increase clearly represents a huge demand and online businesses need to be prepared for the constant need for businesses to remain modern, entertaining, relevant, offering great products at accessible prices.
That movement is supported by easy and cheap access to templates that allow anyone to be a store owner. In 2019 according to BigCommerce, there were more than 1 million active stores online and approximately 2 billion clients purchasing online.
Many of those stores started small, selling products that by one point got traction and their results increased significantly.
On the other side, large organizations move too slow to pivot and execute well on trends and that’s why they are buying brands that know how to connect with the needs of online shoppers.
Normally entrepreneurs start with platforms like WordPress and Shopify Basic, which can be enough for the initial stage of the stores.
By the time business hits a certain amount of monthly sales, managing gets more complex not only for an online presence but also backstage, involving logistics, customer service, inventory, and so on.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IT IS TIME TO MIGRATE YOUR PLATFORM?
Here is a list of the most common growth issues you will experience in your store
- Store loading speed decreases
- Instability during peak traffic
- Slow site performance
- Database and links issues
- Limited attributes
- Too many tasks for order processing
- Lack of control
- High maintenance costs
- Sales revenues higher than 10MM a year
- Revenue stagnation
- Customer segmentation challenges
- Hard to follow customer service issues
- Customer experience could be better
- Low response on marketing campaigns
- Decrease in customer satisfaction
- Decrease on cart conversion
- CRO issues
- Low marketing ROI
One way to identify those glitches in your store is to perform an Audit to understand your business issues and identify improvement opportunities. After realizing that it is time to do such change, you must analyze some options that are available and consider their pros and cons, and maybe consider hiring external help from professionals that can help to choose between so many options available, what would be the best scenario for your reality.
BENEFITS OF PLATFORM MIGRATION
There are many benefits to upgrading your e-commerce platform. It is a wise investment to make for your business, especially considering some important factors that like:
- Operations Cost Efficiency – although the platform migration can be costly and time-consuming, the ROI on this movement will rapidly pay for itself after some time.
- New opportunities – with the new platform running smoothly, you can focus on exploring new lines, brands, and opportunities that may arise.
- Omnichannel possibilities – with great integration between multiple channels, sellers can provide a better customer experience, and reduce the gap between online and offline operations.
- Back-end integrations – having a back-end module working smoothly is essential for the success of e-commerce. During the migration, it is really important to tackle the process mapping cautiously. The outcomes will be better inventory management, updated fulfillment services, and real-time analytics providing insights on the business operations.
- Scalability: – This is a vital aspect to consider during the migration process. A faster platform will allow the e-commerce store to optimize loading time, help to bring in more traffic, and remain stable during peak hours.
- Marketing – the platform migration will improve results on marketing efforts, providing a more accurate site search, analytics, and conversion rates.
- Personalization – one of the highest trends for the upcoming era of e-commerce is to offer personalization on the individual level.
- Mobile Commerce – Mobile commerce nowadays accounts for about 30% of sales, so vendors can’t ignore the need to be mobile-ready using a responsive design and initiatives that could bring more returns from mobile customers.
- Social Media – another channel that is increasing is social media shopping, leveraging results on social media e-commerce channels like Instagram and Facebook, where almost the entire sale is done within the apps. E-Commerce that is social media ready, can also benefit from sales coming from those platforms, as long as they are integrated with your website.
- Increase reliability – a stable website converts more sales, especially during peak days keeping the customers on your store, instead of having them shopping on your competitors.
The most used platforms are ShopifyPlus, Magento, and Salesforce Commerce Cloud, and many other engines powered by SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, etc. Based on the Gartner’s Magic Quadrant, ShopifyPlus, Magento. And Commerce Cloud was chosen by Allure, Inc. as the best platform to be worked on client’s projects. Here are some reasons why:
- Shopify plus
Shopify plus is a platform that offers online store design, mobile-friendly applications, great customer experience, dynamic check out, campaigns, wholesale management, b2b commerce among many other features. Looking for Shopify Designers, we can help you with the best team to revamp your store.
- Adobe Commerce
Adobe Commerce offers a one-of-a-kind eCommerce solution with enterprise power, unlimited scalability, and open-source flexibility for B2C and B2B experiences. Magento allows you to create unique, full-lifecycle customer experiences proven to generate more sales. No matter what your company’s size or goals — omnichannel, global expansion, mobile — Magento delivers everything you need for growth in an increasingly competitive market.
Exceed your goals and customer expectations. Leading brands use Salesforce to:
- World’s #1 CRM
- B2b intuitive platforms
- Implement new technology twice as fast to scale their business
- Boost conversions and make better recommendations with AI
- Build beautiful commerce experiences and personalized campaigns
- Connect shopping experiences to marketing, sales, and service
I DECIDED TO MIGRATE MY STORE, NOW WHAT?
Here is a checklist to consider for your Platform Migration:
- Do you want a custom design?
- Do you have sensitive data from products, customers, order history, etc that need to migrate seamlessly?
- What are the stakeholders?
- Resellers, etc
- Do you have any requirements for customizations and integrations?
- What is the timeline you need for this migration?
- Did you set up a budget to invest in the migration?
- What are the aspects you would like to change on the new platform?
CHOOSING THE RIGHT PARTNER
The e-commerce platform migration must be well thought by your strategic partner and should consider some important steps: design, content planning, content migration, data migration, and launch management.
The migration is not a simple process and needs to be strategically planned to avoid any issues or downtime after the new store launch. Trusted partners like Allure Commerce can help your platform migration during the entire process, with a well-detailed plan from design, process mapping, back and front end, user experience, data migration, testing, and launching.
When it is time to upgrade, there are many options that can turn decision making a difficult process, and to avoid unnecessary costs or upgrading to a platform that is not the best suit for your reality, hiring a consultant could be a good idea.
Talk to one of our experts and see how Allure Commerce can support your store re-platforming with reliability and quality.
Simplify, enhance, evolve is the name of the game.
Allure’s impeccable expertise in multiple technology platforms and niche architecting solutions offers selective technology migrations and enhancements improving the overall ROI of your existing technology investments at the same time giving you an edge to be successful.
Allure offers technology vision, roadmap, migration, and re-platforming opportunities that deliver growth.
- PLATFORM MIGRATION
- VERSION UPGRADES
- UI/UX MIGRATION
An Adobe-certified Ecommerce Development Agency to realize the full potential of your e-commerce.