Mobile Commerce in 2021: Insights from a Magento Development Company
Smartphone-based shopping, or mCommerce, has been steadily increasing every year but is now more crucial than ever.
The global COVID-19 pandemic not only increased mobile commerce but completely reshaped the way consumers move between digital and physical channels. Omnichannel and mobile solutions are no longer an option, but a necessity, as customers are increasingly using three channels to shop locally:
- Shopper places an eCommerce order online for in-store pickup
- The customer can later pull up their order details by accessing the storefront on a mobile phone
- The customer uses this mobile proof of purchase to pick up the order
Buy Online, Pick Up in Store transactions increased by 41.7% year over year between June 2019 and June 2020.
eCommerce development experts love omnichannel platforms like Magento because they allow businesses to manage all of their sales seamlessly. No more juggling separate data and inventory streams for mobile apps, websites, and retail stores. It’s typically easy to adopt, too — Magento development companies can integrate the tools you already use to power your business.
Anticipate Custom Mobile Magento Store Development With PWA
- Offering a great mobile shopping experience doesn’t mean you need a native application. Consumers’ desire to use a native phone app is falling.
- A 2019 Google survey reported that 50% of smartphone users prefer shopping on a mobile website because they don’t want to download a native app.
- Progressive Web Apps are a bridge between mobile websites and native apps. These unique hybrids are quick to load and remain stable during dips in data connection, providing an app-type experience for the mobile web browser.
- Magento store design service companies can build a site that works seamlessly across desktop and mobile using Adobe’s PWA Studio.
- PWAs reduce the number of different channels a digital retailer has to track and manage.
Act on Mobile-First SEO with Magento Store Development
- Choosing a great mobile website or PWA over a native app can have SEO benefits. As of spring 2021, Google considers mobile websites to be more important than desktop versions when calculating search result rank.
- This change means that digital commerce businesses must have a great mobile site to continue generating organic traffic.
Explore Artificial Intelligence Solutions with Magento Service Providers
The use of artificial intelligence is increasing on both the front and back end of eCommerce stores.
- Behind the scenes, tools like Adobe Sensei help Magento service providers and retailers make decisions about engaging with customers and predict their behavior.
- This data can even be used to produce high-converting ad deliverables and email copy.
- Customers like AI, too — 40% of people said they have no preference between a chatbot or a human operator, as long as they can get help.
Magento offers integration with multiple chatbot platforms that provide support on website pages and across popular chat apps like Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp. Integrating this on-demand customer service tool into mCommerce storefronts and PWAs will be yet another profit-driving tool we expect to see taking off through 2021.